Thursday, April 24, 2014

Let's talk about Sex baby!

Sex is a topic that is loved.. People love talking about it and apparently doing it too.. Sex sells!! It is everywhere around us, our friends talk about it, magazines scream to use at the grocery line.. It is everywhere!!

I like thinking about sex in an intimate way, it is something you do with someone you love, does that sound cliche?  We currently live in an era were sex is something you do, just to do.  One night stands are a go to for single people on a Saturday night, and the 3 date rule is highly implemented among young dating couples in our society.  Young girls think it is cool to have sex, and a way to fit in amongst their 13 year old peers. <-Seriously??

 At my job, we provide care for children up until 1 day before they turn 13 years old.  I had a case where one of my parents is 13 years old.  She is at the age where the children of my parents would be getting terminated, and yet I am here offering services to my 13 year old parent.  I spoke with my supervisor regarding my parent, and his response was to terminate her since she is over age.  I repeated myself once again, "No, the parent of the young baby IS 13 years old. The parent is not the child." My supervisor gave me a dumbfounded look.  I was pretty shocked myself.

I think that as a society we need to rethink our values.  Ladies, having sex is not going to make you cool, sexy, or make a guy fall madly in love with you.  My advice to young girls, old girls, single girls, married girls, every girl... Respect yourself.  There are many ways to have fun.  Never forget to have morals and to be a lady.  We don't need to go out and have wild sex with every man we meet during the weekend.  Respecting your temple is crucial to living a healthy life.

I am not an old lady, I am only 26.  Im happily engaged, soon to be married.  I have travelled different parts of the world, I am educated, and I LOVE to have a good time.  I have friends that have a 3 date rule, and friends who are so ladylike and sweet they make me shiver.. We all want love and try to find love in the ways we think we can get it.. One thing is for sure, if you respect yourself and love yourself,  everyone else around you will not be able to help loving you too.

Love,
Jacky


No comments:

Post a Comment